Sunday, October 29, 2006

social event

This past Friday evening was interesting. I attended a "social event" where I work. This event was planned a few months ago with the hope that we could get to know our student workers a little better. Our original thinking was that since it was fall break, the students might be more likely to come to a "social event". Little did we know, however, that the Cardinals would be playing in the World Series in what turned out to be the final game of the series, and that most of our student workers had other plans, like family in town. So really the only people who came were those of us who have been working with each other for some time now and two students.

My husband, who is a super great guy, and who is always supportive of everything I do, was wonderful to come with me to this event even though these types of things can often be kind of awkward, and there was a World Series baseball game to watch. My co-workers and I all know each other in the work environment, but dynamics can change when the work is taken out of the picture, spouses are present and we are forced to interact on a social level. It was however a nice evening, complete with a fun game of "Bunco" with prizes, and all sorts of culinary delights. I know for sure that none of us went home hungry.

One of my new favorite appetizers to take to social events and one of the dishes I added to the food table for this event is a recipe I got off the web, but I added a little something to make it my own. And now I'll share it with you.

Spicy Chicken Wings with Blue Cheese

2- 13 oz cans chicken or 4 cooked chicken breast halves (diced)
1- 8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)
3/4 Cup Ranch dressing
3/4 Cup Crystals hot sauce
3/4 crumbled blue cheese

Mix the cream cheese, dressing, and hot sauce together.
Add the chicken.
Spread in a 8X8 in baking pan and bake at 350* for 1 hour.
Sprinkle with blue cheese and serve with Fritos, Tortilla chips or crackers.

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, January 12, 2007 , Blogger testing123 said...

This is the best stuff ever! It's amazing. All of the flavor of chicken wings and none of the mess.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home