Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Treasures in the Kitchen

Thanks to our daughter, who is awesome and set up this blog for me, and...is also a very good writer, (bragging rights are always left to the parents!!), I'm not left in the dust when it comes to all this blogging and journaling online. I'm not sure how comfortable I'm going to be with it since I'm not that technologically adept, but I'm willing to give it a go.

Since this IS my first post I thought I'd start with something I'm more comfortable with...like a recipe. Maybe this counts as sharing from my heart since I really do like to cook and what comes from my kitchen is usually made with hopes that it will bring culinary pleasure to those who eat the food I've prepared.

This is a simple cookie recipe, not my own I have to admit, that I've modified somewhat and they're really good. I made them the first time to take share with our friends who we meet up with at Forest Park for Twilight Tuesdays. Everyone who tried them pronounced them yummy. I don't, however, understand the name they've been given. Yummy Fruit & Nut Bars seems more applicable, but it's not my recipe so I don't get to choose the name. In any case, I hope you enjoy them.

Dungeon Bars (???)

1 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup White Sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1 Cup Oats
1 Cup Raisins

I substituted Craisins for the raisins and added 1 Cup of finely chopped walnuts.


Preheat oven to 350* Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
Add flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir in oats and raisins.

Spread batter in greased 9x13 baking pan.
Bake 30 minutes. Cool slightly and cut into bars.

From: Catering to Nobody by Diane Mott Davidson.

2 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, September 27, 2006 , Blogger Courtney Patch said...

I love this blog:) And I wanted to say hello! Love,

Court

 
At 11:04 AM, September 28, 2006 , Blogger angela said...

YIPS! my scheme worked!! nice banner.

these look tasty, i'll have to bake some up, altough i think we should call them "pit of despair" bars. want to share soup recipes too?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home