Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Shredded Kleenex?

Don't you just hate it when you accidentally leave a Kleenex in the pocket of something you're washing and when the load is finished everything is covered with Kleenex lint? I have to admit I've done it way to many times, probably more than I can count on both hands, because I almost always have a Kleenex in my pocket.

I always grab a tissue before leaving the house. I guess I have this fear that I'll get to wherever I'm going and my nose will start to run and all I'll have is my sleeve or the back of my hand or nothing. Either that or I'm turning into my mother. (Mom not only had a tissue in every pocket, but she also had one tucked in her sleeve). Well, in truth I think I turned into my mother a long time ago, but it's crazy how many times I've thrown clothes into the washer after having thoroughly checked every pocket of every item that has a pocket and still, I've missed that one illusive tissue. So when the load of laundry has gone through the spin cycle, that tissue that stayed so well hidden has now made itself very public on every single piece of clothing that is in that load. And it's especially bad if the load of laundry you've just washed along with the hidden Kleenex happens to be a dark load, because the dryer will get the big pieces of lint, but won't get the individual fibers that have become one with my black pants or my husbands black shirt. One has to either spend the next 30 minutes brushing or trying to shake lint off of every piece of clothing and/or wash the load all over again (although maybe without soap this time). And it doesn't stop there. After all of my shaking and brushing, the mess of Kleenex lint is now all over the laundry room and I have to get the vacuum cleaner and clean that up too. Maybe I should consider more seriously only using cotton handkerchiefs.

2 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, October 12, 2006 , Blogger angela said...

Possibly. Although hankies are, in spite of the environmental factor, somewhat repulsive in practice and in name. I think you should make your style purposely linty and call it your contribution to the fashion world.

 
At 5:02 PM, October 12, 2006 , Blogger the kitchen gnomes said...

I knew I could count on you to see a positive side to my frequent linty laundry lament. And I agree with you about the repulsiveness of hankies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home